What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

UAT Antenna Cable

RobB52

On page 10-23 of the empennage plans, it shows the routing of the antenna cable. I installed this tonight but am concerned where the cable passes through bulkhead F-01410 and transitions to under the j-channel as shown in the detail drawing. The cable makes a sharp turn to get under the j-channel and there is a lot pressure on the somewhat sharp edge of the aft end of the j-channel. Cable is basically bending around the edge of the aluminum sheet forming the channel. I am concerned about the integrity of this cable over time where it contacts the edge of the metal. I am thinking about wrapping the cable with a short section of spiral wrap to protect it. Did anyone else have any concerns about the antenna cable in this area?

A piece of clear vinyl tubing (1/4") works well too as an anti-chafe measure. Just slit it and slip it over the antenna cable.

Thanks for the info. I ended up using a piece of spiral wrap around the cable. I like the tubing idea also.

I have used old air hose slit to protect fuel and brake lines. The best thing was getting a new very flexible air hose.

Back