What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ADAHRS Mounting Spacer and Retainer W-00012 B & C

I got to 18-03 (20-03 new style) and was told to start work on the W-00012B and W-00012C mounting spacer and retainer. Went to my pile of parts, no parts! Panic! Looked at the bill of material for the wing, and discovered that the W-00012B and W-00012C were not included in the list. I did find the W-00012A which was on the list and included.

Anyone else run into this? Did I miss something?

Tom Roberts

Tom, the parts you mentioned should be in your kit, but they are rather small so they may in one of the hardware bags.
Take a look through the bag list and see if you see a reference for them.

These are in the clear bag with the #8 countersunk nut plates. I wouold have to go find the bag and get the bag number later.

The Word from Vans

So Ken says:

Small anomalies like this crop up now and then, especially on a new design. It's expected
and no big deal, even though it can be a little confusing.

The ADAHRS unit provides data to an EFIS system on the panel...so what unit and what
brackets it requires will depend on the system you choose. We've discovered that supplying
the parts early on is a mistake -- by the time you're ready for avionics things will have
changed.

The required parts will ship with the avionics kit (probably) and we'll make sure its possible to
install them in a finished wing.

How about that. Thanks for the bag reference. I will try there.
Tom Roberts

If I recall correctly, the garmin system will have the ADAHRS mounted somewhere else in the plane, so that bracket might not be required. I asked Van's if I should install and they said to install just in case.

I think that it had something to do with vibration.

For Garmin I think the mount is still going to be used.
For the magnetometer. For gamin it is a separate unit.

Back