What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-6 Completed First Flight on Friday!

AJ85WA

Well Known Member
Hey guys

2 years ago I started this RV6 project, and look at it now. I am so amazed what can happen with some dedication and hard work. Lots of thanks to Doug and this amazing VAF site, its been a huge help during the build and I have learnt so much from everyone.

Fingers crossed for this Friday, hopefully the weather is kind and VH-AJK can get some air under her wings for the first time:)

I am already feeling that RV-Grin!

AJ
DSC01284_zpse6fb02ce.jpg

DSC01293_zps39ba7bf4.jpg

DSC01296_zps870f1777.jpg

DSC01303_zpsef2add42.jpg

DSC01299_zpsa17a3f36.jpg

DSC01304_zpsd8f09fa2.jpg

DSC01298_zps16077318.jpg

That is one beautiful plane. Congrats and great job!

Pat Garboden
Katy, TX
RV9A N942PT

Dues paid.

Nice!

Can you show more pics of the interior/panel
this is the first RV-6 I have seen with no radios/transponder showing. (Assume they are all remote radios and transponder)

Edit: just checked your build site. Very nice. Lots of images with great ideas.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the nice comments :)

Hey everyone

Thanks so much for all the nice comments, Every builder has that idea of what they want at the end of the build, I had an idea of my paint and panel setup from the start and just rolled with it. Basically i am running a VPX ECB with MGL avionics (radio, adsb transponder with 2axis A/P, setup for night VFR. Pretty simple but its just the way I wanted it, even a open compartment in the panel for storage of IPAD ect.

You are correct, my transpopnder is remote, but my radio is in the center bottom, they can both be controlled via the MGL EFIS or by itself, I like it because of the built in intercom, plus it only weighs as much as a tennis ball lol :)

I will try and take some videos and pictures of the flight:D and keep VAF updated.

Feel free to check out my builders log for any ideas and info, or just send me an email. I cant take credit for all my work, allot of it was from other builder sites and from VAF.

Cheers
AJ

Awesome and beautiful inside and out... very clean and well-executed. And best of all you built her as a slider! :D

Mate, she's come a long way since I saw her! Good luck for tomorrow, very jealous! Hugh

Congrats!!

You have a brand new bouncing baby airplane! OMG! It is so beautiful inside and out. Have fun and take it easy. Be careful out there.

Back