What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Checkride

flyindoorman

Well Known Member
My wife is ready to take her checkride in out RV10 but the local examiner the CFI uses has no availability until the end of July. Can anyone recommend a experimental friendly CFI? We are in San Antonio Texas.

I can't help, but have question if you don't mind. Assuming this is her PPL checkride and not a type checkout for insurance. Did your wife do her PPL training in your RV-10? If so, how bad was the insurance hit to allow that?

I ask, as I have been wondering about letting my son get PPL training in my 6.

Thanks,

Larry

I know a good one up here in the DFW area, email me if you want the details.

I did mine in my -6

I started in a Pacer and then sold it when I bought the RV. Hull coverage of $50k and it was not awful. That said, after my check ride (and about 70hrs in the -6) I upped hull value to $60k due to upgrades, and my insurance went down about $400/yr.

I can't help, but have question if you don't mind. Assuming this is her PPL checkride and not a type checkout for insurance. Did your wife do her PPL training in your RV-10? If so, how bad was the insurance hit to allow that?

I ask, as I have been wondering about letting my son get PPL training in my 6.

Thanks,

Larry

Santa Fe?

I ended up doing my ch3ckride in a 172 due to schedule conflicts, but Geoff Veneklasen out of Santa Fe was at least willing to discuss a check ride in an rv.

My wife is ready to take her checkride in out RV10 but the local examiner the CFI uses has no availability until the end of July. Can anyone recommend a experimental friendly CFI? We are in San Antonio Texas.

Back