What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F462

sblack

Well Known Member
F462 is the part that covers the upper rear of the baggage compartment. It has a round top that fits over the inner flange of the fuse bulkhead that is one aft of the rear seat back. The plans are very vague on how to attach it to the bulkhead. On its lower edge there are fasteners to attach it to the rear of the baggage bay (on my project that I bought partially completed), which is removable to access the elevator bellcrank. But at the top I don't see anything and there is not much overlap to allow a fastener to screw it to the bulkhead. I might have to make a bracket of some kind. What has been done on the other 1000+ rv-4s?

What I did

I dont have a handy picture, but I made 2 tabs, each one about 1"X1.5" installed on the bulkhead with 2 rivets, and has a nutplate riveted to it. They are joggled to sit against the baggage close-out and hang down slightly below the bulkead at about the 11 and 1 O'Clock position. Holes in the baggage panel to match. Easy Cheezy.

Thanks Bill. It's a bit strange that they just show it sort of hanging out in space in the plans. I guess I will do something similar to your solution. I just thought perhaps I was missing something obvious.

Back