What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

phlogiston spar question older set

Billythekid

Well Known Member
phlog spar #1184 . measured the rt spar 1st hole location of bottom hole and is 13/16 from end of spar. the left spar is 11/16 from bottom end of spar to center of bottom hole. side by side there is 1/4 inch of difference. any body have a measurement of this sort from phlogiston, I get their a old set but shouldn't the hole locations be as per plans in this area, THE CENTER. the number on the spar is pp2921119AR and pp2921119AL.

Do the steel center plates still fit if they are used to attach both spars in place?

Use undersize bolts for this test.

An 1/8 offset in the center joint of the two spars may not be a big deal if the steel joiners work.

rv4 phlog spar question

I have not yet . I am calling vans mountain and seeking their opinion and today I will be setting up and installing the steel plates and measuring .

rv4 phlog spar question

steve at vans mountain said its not an issue. I conclude it is safe to proceed and the matter is closed. I am going to assemble the plates and measure and document everything and do my very best and that's all I can do

Back