What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Transition training in Michigan

usgeese

I have purchased a RV6 near Saginaw, Michigan and am in need of 5 hours of transition training per my insurance carrier. I have 440 hours in tailwheel but '0' in a RV6. I will be there on 7/6 and 7/7 to get the plane and hopefully get a check out from a CFI.
If anyone can help me out please call or Email me.
Thank you,
Chuck Goosic
559 246 2614

Last edited:
Chuck:
If you're still in need of a checkout, please email me at: [email protected]
or call at 248-417-8585
I assume you talking about a checkout in the soon-to-be-yours 6A. If that's the case, I can help. Don't know of any RVs around Michigan that have a letter of deviation from FSDO to allow contract training.
I'm currently in Colorado Springs, but expect to be back in Michigan by the 29th. I'm based at PTK, which is about a 15 minute flight to Saginaw. A fair number of experimentals are also at Pontiac, if you'd like to visit.
Terry, CFI
RV9A N323TP

Chuck:
All brain cells not functioning properly. I see you're buying a conventional gear -If you'd like, I'll try and hook you up with another of the PTK pilots who also has an RV6. He instructs only occasionally, but has a full time job in the left seat for Southwest.
Sorry for the confusion.
Terry

I have purchased a RV6 near Saginaw, Michigan and am in need of 5 hours of transition training per my insurance carrier. I have 440 hours in tailwheel but '0' in a RV6. I will be there on 7/6 and 7/7 to get the plane and hopefully get a check out from a CFI.
If anyone can help me out please call or Email me.
Thank you,
Chuck Goosic
559 246 2614
Chuck,

It sounds like you need five hours in type, not five hours of CFI time. Is that correct? If so, find someone local to let you fly in the right seat. Or find someone with a enough -6 time and bring them with you. Then you can get your five hours on the flight home.

Thanks for everyone's responses. My insurance agent related to me that the carrier wants me to have 5 hours with a CFI so having the original owner/builder check me out won't work. I have one CFI that might be available but I would like to have a backup plan if the first one is not available.

Ankeny: Just North of Des Moines

I did my transition training with Jim Delveau. He has a real sweet -6 and flys out of a nice airport with intersecting runways which makes it convenient for crosswind. There are also a couple of grass strips nearby for that training. Jim is a great instructor and makes the learning fun. I believe he would be willing to give you the training in your RV but you might email him first.
Jim Delveau
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

Back