What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Want to rent Tucson hangar

N15JB

Well Known Member
We will be spending the winter in Tucson and want to rent a hangar for our RV-10, from Jan 1 till Apr 30. Since we will be staying on the north side in Oro Valley, my first choice would be La Cholla (but apparently not doable, since it is private). Second choice is Marana, then Ryan. My preferences are based on miles to drive. I don't know how that equates to time to drive.

Anyone know of an available hangar. Thanks.

Jim Berry
RV-10

KTUS

If you are interested in KTUS, contact Diana, she has several available.

Diana Osborne
PO Box 31017
Tucson, AZ 85751-1017
(520) 907-2634

If you are interested in KTUS, contact Diana, she has several available.

Diana Osborne
PO Box 31017
Tucson, AZ 85751-1017
(520) 907-2634

I had not even considered KTUS. How do they treat GA aircraft on the field and in their class C airspace? Landing fees? Thanks.

Jim Berry
RV-10

Landing at Tucson is easy. They sometimes move you right or left to the other runway when the F16's are in the pattern. No big deal.
Taxi over to Premier... they have a self serve fuel pump.
Welcome to AZ winters... nice.

TIA

Tucson International is a great airport. No fees. Just have to communicate with the controllers who are very helpful. Depending on the time of day and whether it is air guard weekend you may have to deal with a lot of f16s and airliners. No big deal. I enjoy dealing with the f16s.

I am still looking for a hangar in Tucson this winter for my -10. There is a wait list at AVQ. Diana had nothing available at TUS. Didn't hear back from acroflyrgirl at RYN.

Anybody have any other suggestions?

Thanks

possible hangar at Ryan

A friend building an 7A bought a hangar at Ryan but is still not finished and it is at his home shop. I will contact him to see if he might be interested in renting it out.

Back