What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

HIO360E1AD-how can I use two Pmags?

wingspan99

The rear acc case is for a single dual magneto. Is there a case that could be used to drive two pmags? The gear drive shafts have two ends, its totally different from most cases. Maybe an HIO360C1A acc case? Also, could a single impulse mag be run in place of the dual mag, the an EFI for the other plugs?

I don't know if you can replace the dual mag with a P-Mag but you could give Brad a call and see if it has been done.

Also consider dual SDS CPI, if you happen to have an electrical system that provides redundant power.

The crankcase, accessory case and gear train are different on a dual mag engine vs. a two independent mag engine. It is not possible to change the accessory housing from a dual mag to a two mag setup with out major crankcase modification and gear train replacement.
Good Luck,
Mahlon

I have a similar engine/accessory case and ended up using dual EFII, Most of the EI's have a crank trigger option.
Ask Robert at EFII about his handy little cover plate with a dowl and O-ring that replaces the dual mag.
I've heard you can modify a single bendix mag to work by using the case from a left mag but the internals of a right mag, I never saw it through to completion since I ended up using dual EI.

Back