VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 05-14-2018, 12:07 PM

Default Matco to Grove Master Cylinders?

I have had trouble with the right wheel master cylinder not returning all the way out and causing the brakes to overheat and lock up. Doesn't do it all the time but often enough. Has anyone had a similar experience and switched to the Groves with good results?
Nick Leonard (#40015) Finally Finished & Flying
C (916) 425-1064
Nick@NLeonard.com
Old 05-16-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitink72 View Post
I went the same way.

Paul says my pedals are basically done, and he now has my deposit and master cylinders in his possession. Having a little trouble now though. He says his credit card system is broken, and wants me to send a check for the remaining amount. I'm getting skittish as he already has a lot of my dough, and now wants the last of it without the protection a credit card affords.

I've heard folks who were downright mad about his delivery delays, but never questioned his honesty. I asked him in an email if an escrow service would be ok, haven't gotten a response. Did anybody else pay with a check lately?
I recently paid my deposit with a check - if I understood correctly, to save him the credit card processing fees. So far I have no reason to believe that I won't get the pedals as promised.
RV-10 builder #41623
Build log at http://www.airplane.build/
VAF dues paid
Old 05-16-2018, 05:31 PM

Default ControlApproach

I purchased a set of pedals from Paul. There were a number of delays, but to be fair I was forewarned. Some of it expected, some of it unexpected.

Nevertheless, Paul was as honest and fair as I could expect with my transaction. I sent him a check and got rudder pedals in return.

And I do love the pedals. Very pretty. I fly a friends 6A and it has the stock pedals, and this is a very nice upgrade.

Project Sold 9/2018
RV-10
Empennage finished!
QB Fuselage and wings in hand
Taking a bite of the elephant every day.
Dues paid-grateful