VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 05-07-2018, 03:01 PM

Kerry in addition to the advice use a felt tipped marker to draw the outline of the fibreglass shape on the top sheet of plastic to help with making sure you wet out properly and using a good set of scissors ✂ to then cut out shape. This is especially helpful when doing wet layups. Remove bottom sheet of plastic, position on job, remove top sheet of plastic.
Cuts down on the mess!
wings almost complete.
Flaps and ailerons done.
Canopy next. Phew!
Old 05-08-2018, 06:01 AM

Default Fairing tips

Did mine yesterday!
I used a piece of high density foam (my Garage flooring tiles!) to make a former that fitted inside the fairing, covered it in electrical insulation tape as a 'releasing agent' and then cut a1 cm oversize matching piece of glass cloth that i epoxied to it... then placed it inside the fairing tip leaving a 2-3mm gap from the open end. brush epoxy onto the overhanging glass to fix it to the inside of the faiing, and left it for an hour. After removing the foam, its easy to put a couple of pieces of glass on the deep surface of the hardened glass, then epoxy/microballoon fill the rear surface of the fairing.
As stated earlier, the matching between the fairings and the metalwork is pretty substandard compared to the rest of the kit so far.

Last edited by Huskyhipdoc : 05-08-2018 at 06:07 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes!