- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2018, 09:52 PM

Default Did this a week ago.

Ken, I also purchased my harness from Stein. My harness had heat shrink right next to the mini micro stick connection. I was able to cut the heat shrink of and with a little work fold the wires over to a smaller profile to squeeze them through the holes with the slots. I'll just have to find something to use for strain relief. Hope this helps.
Dues paid 2018
Old 04-14-2018, 05:31 AM

I gave up on routing the plugs through the tortuous path to the sticks and cut them off. Then, I used d-sub pins and sockets covered with heat shrink to install the extension available from Stein. That way, I could still tie into the micro molex plugs already installed in the Tosten grip harness. PITA, but got it done.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:58 PM

Default Common wire harness

I put the early model in last year the stick wire were to short but the big problem was all the wires were to short at the panel to connect to anything had to make extension for everything
Old 04-19-2018, 04:36 PM

well I have determined a different path. I plan to go through the bulkheads where the main wire harness runs--through the lightning holes. then go back through the bulkhead lighting holes to the stick.

I plan to get the 3/4" hole aluminum fittings and riveting them to the bottom edge of the lightning holes in the ribs, then use snap bushings. Not sure what I will do to hold the wire bundles in place in the bulkhead holes. I was considering using the same aluminum fittings (F14142 fittings shown on 26-04) and riveting them in place.

This also makes running the wires simple.

I have an email into Van's to make sure that it is OK to run the wires this way. I don't see why not at this point. But who knows. If it works, then I have no idea why van's would not change the plans to run the wires this way.

Does this make sense? Thoughts?

RV-14 (serial number 140073)
N73XP (at least that # reserved now)
Old 04-26-2018, 03:39 PM

IF you order your WH-00125 from Stein Air or other source (not Van's) or plan to build, then you will need the following snap bushings:

SB1250-16 2 each
SB375-4 1 each
SB750-10 28 each
SB625-7 8 each

maybe this should be in the "gotcha" section. I bet Van's includes with their WH, but other suppliers probably won't.

RV-14 (serial number 140073)
N73XP (at least that # reserved now)