What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New ASA video! We Did it Again

PerfTech

Well Known Member
..... Well the latest product video is now up on our web-site and the new "ULTIMATE ASA blank blank" production units will be available for sale in a few days when the plating is finished. I really think you guys are going to love this new super product as much as I do. Please go to our site, click on the video section and have a look see and please, tell your RV fling buddy s about, it as the word of mouth is what makes it all happen. Regards All, Allan...:D:D:D

Sweet

Allan,

Very nice work. I'll be interested in making the purchase. What is the cost?

Terrific design.

..... Well the latest product video is now up on our web-site and the new "ULTIMATE ASA blank blank" production units will be available for sale in a few days when the plating is finished. I really think you guys are going to love this new super product as much as I do. Please go to our site, click on the video section and have a look see and please, tell your RV fling buddy s about, it as the word of mouth is what makes it all happen. Regards All, Allan...:D:D:D

Allan,

Will this work with the early floor mounted rudder peddals on the RV-6?

Thanks,
Danny

Need a little time !!!!!!

It is his newest product for the RV.

http://antisplataero.com/Videos.html

Wont work on a 10 I suspect:mad:

....We will have these available for the 10, 12, 6 with floor mounted pedals and other unmentioned models very soon. I didn't have easy access to them and we wanted to get this going for the standard 6, 7, and 9's as soon as possible. I promise we will address the others within a few weeks, based on interest, so please let me know soon if you want one.
....I am working on the written description, pricing and such to post on our web-site today. Hopefully, I will have it up this evening or tomorrow AM.
.... Next I want to say thank you to everyone for the great responses and kind words of praise. This is what makes the effort worthwhile and offers encouragement for us to introduce new product and services. Again, "Thank you all". Allan
....PS. The whips, chains and handcuffs are not for sale!..:D:D:D

Looks like it would also work as a parking brake. Just connect to the top brake pedal.

Last edited:
good thought, temporary parking brake in high winds

agree, it seems that a some kind of flip out feature could be made that would allow it to fit the brake pedal holes and it could be used as a temporary parking brake, at least until the plane was chocked. I don't have a parking brake but there may be times I need one.

Please explain again

Uh, I guess I'm the only one that doesn't get it. RV's have "one way" rudder cables, not a continuous loop. If I hook my feet under the pedals I can pull them aft, leaving slack in the cables. In your model on the bench the rudder pedals are fixed.

What keeps the elevator from going to full nose up (stick aft), and the rudder pedals aft (slack in the cables, so the rudder can bang around)?

I can see how this would work only if it were installed with the stick already full aft, against the stops. But not neutral.

Description is up!!!

.....OK! The product description and pricing information is now posted on the products page of our web-site. Sorry for the delay. Allan...:D

What keeps the elevator from going to full nose up (stick aft), and the rudder pedals aft (slack in the cables, so the rudder can bang around)?

I can see how this would work only if it were installed with the stick already full aft, against the stops. But not neutral.

Bob, it is the shape of the saddle that attaches to the stick, coupled with the location of the locking pin. This creates a non-movable joint with the stick and lock, not a pivot.

As the stick moves back, the pedal end of the lock unit wants to move up. As the stick tries to move back like you mention, it would be resisted by the half moon cutouts that capture the rudder weldment.

Uh, I guess I'm the only one that doesn't get it. RV's have "one way" rudder cables, not a continuous loop. If I hook my feet under the pedals I can pull them aft, leaving slack in the cables. In your model on the bench the rudder pedals are fixed.

The stick is placed in a slight bind. It is held in two locations. The bar that goes down to the rudders is welded to the stick bracket. If it were hinged there, it would not work. In order for the stick to move forward or back, the other end would need to be released from the pedal bar so it could move up and down. The stick can't move left and right because of triangulation at the pedals. The rudder can't move because both cables are in tension and held by the same triangulation.

Well done Allan...........

And you priced it just where it's not worth making one at home.......:mad:

P.S. You might get a little scuffing on the stick at the pin.

Nice piece of kit, though I've never been a fan of interior gust locks. Of course they're far better than no gust lock, but a fairly rigid lock like this will expose an RV's rod-end bearings to forces and wear...a bigger problem for those unlucky RVs that are based outside or under a shade hangar. Would like to compare this with the other well-known interior gust lock that allows some controlled movement of the controls, or see what sort of exterior gust locks people have come up with.

In addition to perhaps acting as a brake lock, I wonder if this could act as an anti-theft deterrent with the ability to accept a padlock somewhere to keep it in place.

Nice piece of kit, though I've never been a fan of interior gust locks. Of course they're far better than no gust lock, but a fairly rigid lock like this will expose an RV's rod-end bearings to forces and wear...a bigger problem for those unlucky RVs that are based outside or under a shade hangar. Would like to compare this with the other well-known interior gust lock that allows some controlled movement of the controls, or see what sort of exterior gust locks people have come up with.

In addition to perhaps acting as a brake lock, I wonder if this could act as an anti-theft deterrent with the ability to accept a padlock somewhere to keep it in place.

I don't see this as a problem any more than your wheel bearings sitting in one location for extended periods. And if you have a hangar then the use of the gust lock would be limited.

To lock it in place, it would take two locks. One to lock the stick pin, and the other to lock the slide.

How about the -4???

There are over 1,000 -4s Allan. I'll buy one. I need to look at my buddies -6 & compare rudder pedals.

Need Access To Other Models!!!!

... We need to have access to the other models and we are definitely going to make this product for them all.
I need access to a 4, early 6 with floor mounted pedals, an 8 with non movable pedals, standard 10, a 12 and a 14 if they stop buy. All I need do is get a few tape measure dimensions and should only take 5 or 10 minutes. If you have one of these models and are close to KREI Redlands Ca. please give me a call so I can get these other models going. Thanks, Allan ..:D

Gust lock

Sounds excellent. Let me know when you have it available for the RV-8 with ground adjustable rudder pedals. Thanks in advance.

Bill

Sounds excellent. Let me know when you have it available for the RV-8 with ground adjustable rudder pedals. Thanks in advance.

Bill

.... We have all the dimensions for this one and are beginning to cut them today. We will most likely have finished units in about three weeks. Sorry for the delay. Allan...:D

Back