What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

For my RV, Santa brought me....

Lemmingman

Well Known Member
The debris of another wonderful Christmas morning liters the living room floor. We've had our coffee and Blueberry Buckle. I sort through my trove of building related gifts and find a new Perma-Grit block (smaller size), Torx driver set. A new set of scissors for cutting fiberglass and various deburring wheels and other gizmos.

I peeked in the garage and what I really wanted I didn't get. My RV is still in pieces.

Gil,
To get the best stockings from Santa you absolutely have to have a flying RV.
Look what I got.

I tracked Santa using FF weather brief. Do you see where he went and when?

I was right there. The best stocking ever with top items inside. All RV stuff including Vans calendar.

It took me couple hours to catch him but... man, was I satisfied. He even fed me great dinner I could barely breath... Hauling gifts back home :D

Get that RV done asap.

For Christmas Santa gave me ...

Christmas Eve dawned clear and crisp. What a blessing after we received over four inches of rain in two days!

The grass strip was solid enough for me to go flying.

My five year-old son and I went for a short flight to give Mamma some free time.

We flew around a little bit before he asked if we could go to Greenville Downtown (KGMU) so he could play on their playground. That lasted about 10 minutes due to the cold wind before we loaded backup, took off, circled his school, and went home. Total flight time .7 hours + a life time of memories!

IMG_4325.JPG

Christmas day was an exact repeat of the 24th, weather wise, anyway. I did make it out late in the day just to cruise the mountains a little bit.

A Craftsman 75-piece inch & metric tap and die set.

06643eff47e3742a141d98b1344264d9_zps5bfe71e8.jpg

Now I can fnally tap my pitot probe!
Well played Santa, well played. ;)

Santa Brought:

A TruTrak Vizion 385 (upgrade to my DII VSGV), a GRT OAT-3, an Ray Allen REL-2 and four Napa Gold oil filters!

GoPro HERO3! Now, if I could only figure out how to turn it on :eek:

Right on! me to, the hero 3+ I found it easy to just download the app on the ipad and also the phone for the remote contorl no wires, wi fi is a wonderfull thing!

bret,

Just downloaded the app and you are right, it's the only way to do it! Took a "flight" around the house and played it back on my laptop. Really cool!

Santa (my wife) is bringing the RV-14A empennage kit for Xmas. The kit should be here in a couple of weeks.:) Not sure when I will start the kit, since i have to finish the wings. But I will inventory, then start deburring. I debur when I don't feel like doing something more complex or only have an hour to work.

gns530w upgrade and adsb

Santa fell for the "Its the last thing needed for the RV" trick. So an waas upgrade and adsb skyview module was under the tree. Happy Holidays everyone.

Surprised!

I was surprised with "the Claw" tie down kit.
I have titanium screw-in tie-downs but some of those hard dirt fly-ins needed something different. I talked about the Claw with my wife at Petit Jean and she remember it and got it for me. Never thunk that would happen :)

I was surprised to find a printer copy of a Bruce canopy cover for the RV7. Hopefully it will be here is a couple of weeks....

We have been giving airplane rides like crazy here, seems like everyone I know wants a ride..... And all have been thrilled. Getting the certification on the 26 of October. We have just turned 61 hours....... Everything is purring just great. Have a couple different injectors coming but otherwise having a ton of fun.

Merry Christmas to all and hope you 2014 trips will be the best for you

Smilin' Jack

Back