What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Poll #2: What Part of your RV are U working on?

What part of the RV are you working on?

• Haven't Started

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Tail Kit

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Wing Kit

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • Fuse Kit

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • Finishing Kit/Firewall Forward

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • Flying

Votes: 29 24.2%

• Total voters

gvgoff99

Well Known Member
The original Poll on this topic was sent out in 2005. It seemed like a new poll would be interesting to see if the demographic of the people reading these forums has changed. :)

I'll jump in and say I haven't started, but the excitement is building. I plan to place my order for the tail kit early next year so I can start working in the spring. The reason for the delay is that I'm finishing up a basement finishing project and I don't want to start one project without finishing another.

I was at Oshkosh this year and got a demo flight in the 9A and took in a workshop on riveting.

It changed for me

In 5 yrs I gone from dreaming about building an RV to being knee-deep into my RV-8 finishing phase (90% done, 90% to go).

Practice makes perfect

The fairings and wheel pants needs perfecting. I got some more inspiration after seeing some awe-inspiring RV's at Osh. A good winter project.

Changed for me too! In 2005, I voted in that poll as working on the empennage kit. Excited to say that in poll number 2, I'm flying!! :cool::cool:

Just finished doing the forward fuselage drilling and fitting the brake/rudder pedals. Been working on the kit for exactly 1 year this week. The first 90% goes pretty quick if you work on it regularly. Lots of choices to make for the last 90%. :p

When first poll was initiated I was already reading the forums and calculating if I could build an RV. Time was plenty money not. I am glad I started earlier (2006). Four years flipped and I am almost there in the last 90% final cowling fittting.

flying

The 'Borrowed Horse' has been flying 3 yrs this July. I spent 2 yrs building part time. I had a RV6 so was not in a hurry to finish the RV8

(90% done, 90% to go).

Actually that's a bit of exaggeration. More realistically the ratio is 90% done, 50% to go.
The way I usually explain it is, "The build can be divided into 19 equal time segments, 10%, 20%, 30%,................. 80%, 90%, 91%, 92%, 93%,.............100%.

Back