What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin G3X Touch and Garmin Aera 796 - sharing info

sdflier

I have a Garmin G3X Touch and Garmin Aera 796 in my RV6A.

Having difficulty understanding how to get the G3X Touch to share the weather and traffic info with the 796.

Can anyone suggest where i might find the info to make this work?

thanks in advance.

I have a Garmin G3X Touch and Garmin Aera 796 in my RV6A.

Having difficulty understanding how to get the G3X Touch to share the weather and traffic info with the 796.

Can anyone suggest where i might find the info to make this work?

thanks in advance.

Hello Craig,

The G3X Touch system doesn't directly share traffic/weather with a portable device like an Aera 796, but quite often the device in the aircraft which provides traffic/weather to the G3X Touch system can also provide traffic/weather directly to the Aera 796.

For example, if your aircraft has a GTX 45R transponder, this device has up to 3 RS-232 interfaces that provide ADS-B traffic/weather, plus multiple Bluetooth connections to provide this data - all of which the Aera 660/796 can use.

As another example, if your G3X Touch aircraft has a GDL 50R or GDL 52R ADS-B traffic/weather receiver, these devices support 2 wired and 2 wireless interfaces and the Aera 660/796 can also use any of these available interfaces to directly receive ADS-B traffic/weather, and in the case of the GDL 52R, SXM weather/music.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
Steve

Back