What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need help with FI nozzle

flyinga

Well Known Member
IO360 angle valve with AFP injection. After condition inspection,with the engine running and the boost pump on I got a significant fuel smell in cockpit. Took cowling off and noticed a significant blue stain on lower front right inside of cowl. Turned boost pump on (engine not running) and fuel poured out of #1 injector! No fuel out of others. I swapped #1 and #3 injectors and leak followed injector (not cylinder).

During the condition inspection I cleaned injectors with Hoppe's #9. All the injectors look the same and #1 is not clogged.

This has got me puzzled???

When running the boost pump (engine off), what was the throttle and mixture position?

Also not sure... When you describe that fuel is "pouring out"... Are the injectors installed for flight, or are you doing the flow check with the injectors removed?

Last edited:
Injectors were installed for flight. Fuel pouring out of the screen. Mixture full rich and throttle wide open. The other three injectors shot fuel into intake which of course drained out of the sniffle valve (horizontal intake).

You guys were spot on! I didn't notice when I re-installed the injector. Now if I can just find the **** thing....

I have a bunch of extras in my shop. Give me a call in the AM and I can stick one in the mail for you.

Back