What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bender baffle works!

yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
Finally had some cool weather after installing the Bender Baffle while waiting for new prop blades this spring.

6500 ', OAT 35 deg, CHTs with baffle open 170-175, air from cockpit heat definitely less than body temp.

Closed baffle, CHTs clowly climbed to 190-195, air from cockpit heat definitely too warm (bright sunshine but with Koger screen deployed.

Open baffle, everything slowing returned to original conditions. More experimentation (after I read up on max CHT allowed) needed to see if partial baffle is a possibility. But I WILL be much warmer this winter! THANKS to John and everyone else who helped on this.

Wayne 120241/143WM

Wayne - -

I tell people not to exceed 210 CHT temps. If it is 20 degrees, have to nearly close it to get up to 200 - 210. You will get good heat even then. For comfort, I have been most satisfied with this mod. Thermostasis Oil Therm is likely second best. I use the Moeller Fuel gauge the most regular I guess. Makes it a much nicer plane for year around fun. Thanks Wayne.

Back