What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Leaking from AD-43H Plate at Base of Tank

n74846

Well Known Member
I have tracked down a slow weep at the base of the fuel tank where part AD-43H is riveted to base of tank. Is there a topical application that will seal this troublesome area without having to remove the tank? Will a generous application of tank sealant work if the tank is emptied and the area cleaned? Otherwise it appears it will require tank removal, and re-sealing and riveting AD-43H to base of tank again. Or is tank replacement the final answer?? I appreciate any thoughts or experience in dealing with this. Thanks.

I haven't dealt with this specifically, but removing the tank is the correct way to do something like this. That way you can reseal it, let it cure, then test it before reinstalling.

Ditto for Jesse's view on this.
There are some "cheats" you could try, but you'll always wonder if it's really stopped.
Also, removing the tank gives you a chance to look the whole thing over and make sure there are no additional worries.
Best of luck!

Back