What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy lock

Azjulian

Well Known Member
Does anyone have a picture of what the canopy lock looks like on the new 912is RV12 ? Wondering if I wait for that to be available, or is it already ?

Julian,

Try a desk drawer lock like the one I use. You?ve seen it. It?s kept out every honest person that got near my plane in the last 5 years!😜

Rich

I?m going up to the Wickenburg Aviation day Oct 14. Check it out then. Maybe some other PHX RV-12s will make the trip.

Rich

Does anyone have a picture of what the canopy lock looks like on the new 912is RV12 ? Wondering if I wait for that to be available, or is it already ?

The new RV-12iS doesn't have a canopy lock.
It does have a new design canopy latch.

The November '17 issue of KITPLANES has a nice set of pictures of the new RV-12iS including two pictures of the new-style canopy latch.

The November '17 issue of KITPLANES has a nice set of pictures of the new RV-12iS including two pictures of the new-style canopy latch.

And one on the cover of a couple of handsome guys flying it :D (the airplane looks pretty good also......)

We make an aftermarket canopy locking system for the RV-12. Essentially it is a handle replacement with an integrated locking mechanism.

http://aircraftspecialty.com/rv-12.html

I am not yet certain if these will work on the RV12is fuselage. We will have to take a look once they are released. However, they are easily installed on all current RV-12 kits.

Happy Building,
Steve

Scott,

Just out of curiosity: why didn?t Vans put a lock on the canopy? Those avionics are a tempting target for light fingers.

Back