What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Blue Angels paint scheme

Webb

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Has anyone painted their RV in a Blue Angels paint scheme?

I don't recall seeing one.

Found one! Looks nice. Google keyword is "blue angles rv4"

IMG_9512.JPG

There was an -8A at osh with blue angels scheme. 8 on the tail. I didnt think I had a pic of it until a few days ago when I was looking through my shots and noticed a T-34 had its gear down:eek:. It didnt:p

256.jpg

Thats all I have. Flying off the wing of the yellow T-34. :cool:

Looks like Terry Brennan's 8A. Terry is also a FAST T-34 Formation Instructor, and was at the Pylon Racing Seminar in Reno this summer. Great guy!

Webb, here are a couple more pics of his airplane during PRS. He is normally "Blue Angel 8", but wore Race 81, as 8 was taken. Nice looking plane, for sure!

Cheers,
Bob

T%252520Brennan%2525201.jpg

T%252520Brennan%2525202.jpg

There was someone who had an RV hangered at Frankfort Kentucky who had a blue angels paint scheme but I wasn't interested in RV's at the time so I forgot who that was. Maybe someone on here will remember.

I've always wondered how that would look on a -6..

I did a r/c bird in the Blues colors a few years back..

sportjet90.jpg

Can anyone help me with finding the paint code for the Blue Angels blue? I know that the FS code is 15052, but automotive paint supply places don't have F.S. numbers. They need an "RAL" number or some other number that automotive people use.

Does anyone know how to convert FS15052 to something I can get at an automotive paint shop?

Thanks

Back