What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Can You Re-Freeze Proseal?

Jetmart

Well Known Member
I know you can freeze unmixed proseal to extend its life but can you re-freeze again after using?
Also how long does it take to defrost?

I put my unused proseal in the frig, not the freezer. It seems to work well when the content is air cooled to room temperature

Yes and no..

In layman's terms, when its frozen the curing slows to almost a stop, however, if you are using 1422B 1/2 as example, it is well into its cure time before your done and freezing it (1/2 hr work time). if its 1422B2, you have more time for it to be frozen(2hr work time). I work with the stuff daily, sometimes by the gallons. If you have the Semkits (tubes), you can separate the hardener and base in smaller containers and mix as you need. It can also be ordered in larger cans, mixed as needed. When I freeze it, I like to do so in a bag so the air can be minimized, reducing condensation during thaw out, but re-freezing is possible and warming can be done in a bowl of warm water if using the bag method I mentioned. We even use some that has 120hr. work time for installing pressurized skins that may take several days to shoot on, and also 1/8th Hr. for quickie fuel leak repairs. Great stuff!

''freezing'' relates to water. i go by the theory that the lower the temp. the slower things change. proseal is in and out of my 0 deg freezer when i need it.

I have 15 year old Proseal in the freezer for odd jobs. I haven't found any degradation in cure time or sealing performance.

Back