VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 09-13-2017, 11:06 PM

Default 2005 RV8 For Sale

I have an RV8 in very nice shape and don't have the time to fly anymore. I hate selling it but no use having it if I can't fly. I am offering it for 90K or best offer. If you have any questions please email since I don't check these messages very often. Thanks for your interest.

Kit year= July 2002, Finished 2005
Serial Number = 80611
Engine model = IO-360-A1B6 Built by Lycon with 10.1-1 pistons
No Mags. I installed a FADEC system (Eagle EMS by Precision Airmotive) in Late 2008 that came with dual electronic ignition and electronic fuel injection.
This means no need for a fuel mixture knob but was replaced with a potentiometer on the panel for leaning electronically.
Hours on FADEC system = 317.69
A/C and Engine total time = 560.04
Prop is a Whirlwind 200rv Overhauled at 5-3-2012 with 310.5 hours since last condition inspection.
Avionics is dual AFS 3400 screens. One is high definition. They include navigation, engine board, battery backup on each, Weather and autopilot with Alt pre-select and Alt hold. Also installed an auto trim for the elevator. (It can be controlled by either the autopilot or the EFIS)
The Weather module is XM Weather connected via network cable to both screens. Requires a subscription though.
The Radios are Garmin GNC250XL and Garmin SL30, Transponder is Garmin GTX 327 and Garmin GMA 240 Audio Panel.
During the panel upgrade I installed a newer 406 Mhz ELT. It is hooked up with GPS for exact coordinates.
I installed interior lighting with a dimmer knob. The lighting is LED under the canopy rail so there is no light in your eyes. Can be used anytime at night without blinding you.
I installed a smoke system that I built myself. I did not purchased a completed solution. It was too easy to build and install myself. Works great and hold about 4 1/2 gallons and sets in the front luggage area in the deep section.
I have a Zaon flight systems unit setting on the dash that is wired into the glass panels so that you can see traffic on the panels. I do not have ADSB installed yet because I was waiting for the right unit at the right price before purchasing. Since I am not keeping the plane I am going to just leave that to whomever buys it.
Brand new interior in 2015. I went with cloth rather than leather because of the heat/cold issues. It is in perfect condition. with carpet in all luggage areas and floor boards as seen in the pictures.
I have rear rudder, throttle and stick installed. No PTT in the rear seat or rear brakes.

In December of 2007 we had a prop strike on a hot start. The engine was under power when the prop hit and it stalled the engine. The repair work to the plane was done by Executive Air Repair to the tune of $65K. Insurance covered the repairs. This is the reason for the engine teardown was done. Nothing was found wrong with the engine. After that in late 2008 is when I had the FADEC system installed and then the following year I had it painted with new leg fairings and transition pieces at both the body and wheel pants. After the work was done on the body I gained an actual 15 mph in cruise. Later when I installed the Whirlwind prop I gained another 37 mph at top speed. In cruise I got about 8-10 mph. I am now cruising at 8500 feet at 2300 rpm and all in on the manifold at 217 TAS and loving it. At this setting i am still just under 8 gph. I am sure that has to do with the FADEC system and how much I lean it. I always run at peak with the FADEC for best power/economy setting. I could go leaner but feel it is best for the engine to be at the perfect air/fuel mixture. Pictures can be viewed at the link below.

http://s12.photobucket.com/user/dave8tor1/library/
Old 09-14-2017, 06:34 AM

Six Shooter is beautiful!

GLWS
Old 09-14-2017, 11:55 AM

That is a beautiful airplane....who ever get it is a lucky guy or gal!
Old 09-14-2017, 03:23 PM

I've sent you an e-mail.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:16 PM

Anytime I see a nice unit like this I almost weep:-( If out exchange rate wasn't so awful I'd be flying over to the States with a pocket full of cash!
Just what I've been looking for, damn:-(
Old 09-14-2017, 07:18 PM

Default Rv8

Email sent
Old 09-14-2017, 09:04 PM

Where is the plane located?
Old 09-15-2017, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jack View Post
I am sure that has to do with the FADEC system and how much I lean it. I always run at peak with the FADEC for best power/economy setting.
In fairness, it should be noted that the Eagle EMS is not a FADEC system, and Precision does not use the term. At the fundamental level it is an open-loop speed-density fuel injection, with electronic ignition, a manual prop control, and a knob to lean mixture from the preset fuel map. There are many detail differences, but the Eagle EMS is conceptually similar to SDS and EFII systems. No magic.

Precision posts install photos of Dave's airplane here:

http://www.precisionairmotive.com/ea...tallphotos.htm
Old 09-15-2017, 02:43 PM

Nice bird! If my daughter had a cheaper hobby I'd be first in line.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:24 PM

Default RV8 for sale

The plane is located in Sacramento, CA.