What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Recommendations on interiors for my RV-10

MSFT-1

Well Known Member
I have been flying my RV-10 for about 3 years.

It does not have any interior trimming at all. I have seen many RV-10s with padded panels and cloth inserts etc. I would like to add some of these nice touches to the airplane.

Any recommendations on manufacturers of such stuff?

thanks,

Trimming out an interior is a great project now that you are flying. It is not hard and is a lot cheaper than going with a purchased product. If you want some pointers let me know.

Gary Specketer

Any recommendations on manufacturers of such stuff?

Admittedly, I'm somewhat biased since I do contract work for Geoff, but I agree with Phil. Check out Aerosport Products. You can get interior panels installed easily in a weekend. Geoff just got a new shipment in today, so they are immediately available.

rv 10 interiors

I am surprised that Flightline Interiors has not been mentioned. I know Abby does a full package for rv10's. However, as Gary Specketer mentioned, you can purchase the materials and create your own interior.

We used Flightline Interiors and are very happy with the quality of Abby's product. Their prices are very good as well.

I think that Flightline's products and Aerosport Products panels are very complimentary with each other. I will have products from both companies in my interior.

RE:Abby's great

I rencently had a very minor emborderie problem with my custom Flightline produced seat backs. Sent pictures and explanation to Abby. She immediatly called and said....Will get you new seat backs asap......Great Customer service. At least give her a call and an opportunity to bid on your project.

I believe all suppliers area great but.......Abby not only Rocks she stands Rocks Supreme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank @ 1L8 ... RV7A... Flying

I used Flightline Interiors. Very happy. Abby rocks.

http://www.flightlineinteriors.com/

I highly recomend Abby at Flightline. This is my third RV and third interior shop. Abby does a great job, customer service is outstanding and the quality of the product is better than any I have seen.

Pat Stewart

I highly recomend Abby at Flightline. This is my third RV and third interior shop. Abby does a great job, customer service is outstanding and the quality of the product is better than any I have seen.

Pat Stewart

2 Questions:
Her websites indicates front seat covers can be installed by builder rather than shipping her the seats.
Wife is concerned about the cost and time to take the plane from AZ to WI for interior install.
Would appreciate comments, and if there are any other shops doing full interior installs with RV-10 experience besides Oregon Aero...similar distance issue plus platinum prices.
Kelly McMullen

2 Questions:
Her websites indicates front seat covers can be installed by builder rather than shipping her the seats.
Wife is concerned about the cost and time to take the plane from AZ to WI for interior install.
Would appreciate comments, and if there are any other shops doing full interior installs with RV-10 experience besides Oregon Aero...similar distance issue plus platinum prices.
Kelly McMullen

You can get most of the interior items from Aerosport Products. I would give Geoff a call after SnF. Geoff's business offers many unique services that may not always be listed on the web site.

2 Questions:
Kelly McMullen

Kelly,

The front seat covers come from Flightline ready to install which takes maybe five minutes for each of the front seats. Every thing else is finished, fitted and installs in minutes by anyone. Highly recomend this product. Customer service is outstanding.

Pat

Pat

Rolling your own is lots of fun and it can be as simple or fancy as you'd like. Classic Aero sells their materials (FAR 25.853 certified) by the yard at a decent price.

interior

I have a combination of interior parts, some I made, a local upholstery shop help make and also Aerosport Products. The Aerosport panels in my opinion are the nicest feature in my interior and really finish the utilitarian look of the RV-10. The panels are light kydex and are easy to install. Aerosport did my seats too which have the seat heaters in them. I could have vacuumed before I took the picture.

2db15r6.jpg

15d9tva.jpg

zklagk.jpg

I have a combination of interior parts, some I made, a local upholstery shop help make and also Aerosport Products. The Aerosport panels in my opinion are the nicest feature in my interior and really finish the utilitarian look of the RV-10. The panels are light kydex and are easy to install. Aerosport did my seats too which have the seat heaters in them. I could have vacuumed before I took the picture.

That is a gorgeous interior. What did your final empty weight come out to? I really like the creature comforts, but as with everything in these planes, it's a give and take with weight.

Thanks Ed,

I'm at 1705. I have a little heavier engine,the N1A5. I believe my engine weighs 12-16lbs more than a D4A5 (off memory) and a GTS800 box in the back which weighs 9 lbs. It definitely is a trade-off. These perform well because they are light. It's what you are willing to give up.

Last edited:
Flightline no longer doing RV-10's

Am I mistaken, or did Flightline stop doing RV-10 interiors?

Abby still does full interiors but doesn't just do carpet. Her full interior includes carpet.

Bob

Anybody have some pictures of the Flightline Interior. Have seen Tim Olsons but that is the only one.

I plane to use a combination of Flightline, Aerosport and a local shop and some of my own to finish of my interior.

Back