What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any recommendations for an A&P oral/practical Prep School?

Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
I just finished up my third and final Knowledge Test for my A&P, and am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for an "all-inclusive" prep course out here in the west - preferably one where the exam is arranged as part of the class, so you go an finish it all up. I have one good recommendation in Riverside from a writer of mine - wondering if anyone has done this in the recent past and has a place they have liked.

Paul

Not exactly in your area... But I did it with Federal Exams in OKC before I left the Navy.

Glad I did it!

Shame you're not back East. Baker's School of Aeronautics near Nashville can't be beat. SouthWest has a big hub in Nashville.

Shame you're not back East. Baker's School of Aeronautics near Nashville can't be beat. SouthWest has a big hub in Nashville.
After doing a LOT of research, my son in law is going to do his A&P licenses prep and exams there. It was highly recommended by many local A&P's in this area. The last 4 A&P's I have used have all completed their licenses there.

:cool:

There use to be (not sure if it is still there) an outfit in Riverside CA that did prep and tests. Was going to go there with a friend for the IA prep / test about 5-years ago.

Just got this LINK from my friend that did his IA through them.

Last edited:
King Schools material for written and Bakers School for Practical. Worked great for me. Then followed 3 years later at Bakers for IA.

i second baker in Nashville. did mine there 20 years ago. great prep and they use really good examiners. the guy i got, dont remember his name, ran the A&P program at MTSU. really great guy and was a great exam. I will probably use them for my IA soon.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

No recommendations but "good luck" and congrats for getting as far as you have already. Getting your A&P is a big deal and represents a huge amount of work, preparation and commitment.

Back