What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A Good Soul

N62XS

Well Known Member
This will be a touch of a rant, a touch of a confession and a bit of praise for one good soul.

About three weeks ago, I advertised 6 tool boxes for sale here. I stated I would deliver within 200 miles for gas and food. I received several responses, including some within the specified distance, but the first one was just about 20 miles further than 200 miles away. Ranting, I absolutely cant stand it when forum etiquette order is discarded in the name of a convenient, easy sale of a posted item. So here I am with two people, one 75 miles away(second respondent) and one 225 miles away(first respondent), both wanting all 6 tool boxes. So the temptation is to do easy and 6 years ago I WOULD do easy, but now as a Christian, I have help resisting and despite some initial difficulty in scheduling delivery, commit to deliver them to the first respondent, Jesse Saint. The days leading up to the Saturday 4AM departure out of Hazlehurst, GA for Dunellion, FL were brutal. Little sleep and too much to do. At midnight Friday, alone, I loaded the tool boxes. Four hours later, I departed for the delivery. Jesse and his son were on schedule and the delivery was completed in time for me to return to Hazlehurst and then to work. The end, right? WRONG! a couple of days later, I get a photo from Jesse via text of over $700 of aviation specific tools I LEFT IN A TOOL BOX DRAWER. As I sink like a WWII convoy ship into stupid, I thank God for Jesse and his integrity, honesty and character. After we talk and I offer to return to pick them up, he offers to ship them back to me.

USPS delivered my tools today. Jesse picked up the shipping. THANK YOU Jesse Saint!

But this is not the first time Jesse had done me a good turn. This is A GOOD SOUL. He is trustworthy and deserves your business.

I thank God through Jesus Christ for the HS kick to do the right thing by Jesse, not that my second respondent would not have done the same thing. I share this to publicly thank Jesse Saint, to thank Doug Reeves for this forum and to share my lessons learned.

IHN,

Robby

Last edited:
In other news. I left my sunglasses in the bathroom at the airport today and when I went beck for them 10 minutes later they were gone...

I know Jesse's background. He didn't even have to think about what was right.

My daughters graduated a private school in Oklahoma that teach the Jim Elliot story.:)

So my experience with Jesse is similar even when I screwed up, Jesse had a warm heart. I bought an SL40 over the Summer from Jesse. I was replacing my SL30 with an SL40 because I had dual SL30s and don't need it for my type of flying but I didn't know if an SL40 would just plug in to an SL30 tray and work with no issues. Jesse told me it would and it should and said, "I'll ship you the SL40 and after your are comfortable it works you can send me the money". Wow! Really? That sort of trust needs to be earned and I was humbled.
Well here is the kicker of where I screwed up. The box arrived the day that I was moving from a house that we've been in for 11 years. Crazy day to say the least. My wife took delivery of the SL40 and somehow it was shuffled in with the boxes with all of our garage "stuff". We had moved temporarily into a rental house for 3 months until our house was ready so I didn't open 90% of the garage stuff. About a month or so after our move I was searching for my something and tearing through the unopened boxes when I opened up a box with an SL40 in it.... :eek::eek::eek:
It hit me like a ton of bricks. This man that I didn't know sent me something worth around $1000 and trusted that I would pay him. A month and half later, he didn't even bug me about it. I didn't even make it out of my garage before I called Jesse and profusely apologized to him. He said "Don't worry about it, I figured you were just busy".
Of course Jesse got his money but it left a permanent impression on me. I've never met Jesse but he is a Good Soul and I'm looking forward to having him upgrade my panel in January. He has hands down earned that right just by his integrity alone.

You can't go wrong with Saint Aviation from my experience.

That's a great story

I purchased avionics from Jesse and I can second that he is great to deal with.

Richard Fazio

Full Circle

I remember being taught the Jim Elliot story as a kid more than 50 years ago in my church. One detail that caught my attention at the time was the way Elliot and Saint used an airplane to make contact with people in the Amazon in the 1950"s. Then, I read with great interest about Jesse's powered parachute/4 wheeler Maverick project for transport to and from remote locations. But, the greatest revelation was a documentary I happened to catch a few years ago which told of the how Rachel Saint and the indians that took her brother's life had become brothers and sisters in Christ and that she was continuing her work among them. For me it was all very inspiring. (I may have some details wrong, but I don't think I'm far off.) John

Last edited:
Back