What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine weights

Greg Arehart

Well Known Member
I've been thinking about new projects (not necessarily another RV, but I value the collected expertise of this site) and trying to find some real and comparable data on "LSA" engines. Specifically, I'm looking for installed weights (including starter, alternator, exhaust, etc.) for the following engines. I've trolled the net for some of this, but the reported weights sometimes include accessories and sometimes not. So, if anyone out there has reasonable data, I would be most appreciative. I'm looking for the lightest possible (reasonable) installed weight with accessories.

Cont O200
Lyc O233
UL350iS
Rotax 912s
others?

Thanks for any and all input.

greg

Jabiru Engines...

Installed weights are:

3300 (six cylinder, 120 hp) ........184 lbs
2200 (4 cylinder, 85 hp)............141 lbs

Flying weight of 3300 is comparable to Rotax 912. It is a direct replacement for the 912 on many airframes including Rans S-19, S-7S and most Zenith designs.

More information at our new & improved website: www.usjabiru.com!

:D

Installed weight of the Wilksch WAM-120 Diesel

The installed weight of the Wilksch WAM-120 120HP Diesel engine is 112.9 kg (248 lbs).

That weight is engine, oil cooler & hoses, coolant bottle & hose, Exhaust system, oil and coolant.

(weights from the Wilksch website here )

Weight-wise its not really competitive with the Rotax & Jabirus, but is a similar weight to Lycoming O-200 & O-235 engines.

Last edited:
UL Power 260Is

The bare engine weight is 132 lbs.

Installed weight with accessories of the 107 HP engine system is 162 lbs. That includes dual fuel pumps, oil cooler,muffler, ignition coils and ECU.

Some of these items will be mounted aft of the engine on the fire wall or behind it.

Back