What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

-9A inst panel part number?

prkaye

Well Known Member
Does anybody know off-hand the part number for the -9A instrument panel? (no cutouts, just the big blank piece of aluminum that is pre-cut/flanged to the correct shape)
Vans catalogue doesn't seem to indicate in the descriptions which part number is for which aircraft type.

Don't have the number but do have an unused panel. You pay the shipping and it's yours. If that works for you send a PM. Stein cut a new one for me and didn't use the one Van sent

Instrument Panel Part Number

Instrument panels for the RV-9(A) were originally designed for the RV-7(A) and thus have '7' prefix part numbers
Instrument panel tip up F-703
Instrument panel slider F-7103
Panel 13" x 42" All RV-6/7/9 OVSZ F-6103 OVSZ

Instrument panels for the RV-9(A) were originally designed for the RV-7(A) and thus have '7' prefix part numbers
Instrument panel tip up F-703
Instrument panel slider F-7103
Panel 13" x 42" All RV-6/7/9 OVSZ F-6103 OVSZ

Interesting. Are the kits shipped with 13" tall panels now? I've been looking at others' panel pics for months, trying to figure out how they got so much in them. My tipup -7 kit came with a 10.5" tall panel.

Charlie

Instrument Panel Part Number

No the kits are shipped with 10.5" panels. The F-6103OVSZ is an obscure part available from "The List". I think a lot of panels are custom made by Stein, Aerotronics or the builder to any depth desired (well, as long as you get full stick movement and can get your legs underneath).

Does anybody know off-hand the part number for the -9A instrument panel? (no cutouts, just the big blank piece of aluminum that is pre-cut/flanged to the correct shape)
Vans catalogue doesn't seem to indicate in the descriptions which part number is for which aircraft type.

Phil,
The OVSZ panel (listed above) works really well. Although it is cut square, it does have the flange prebent at the bottom. It's very easy to take your old panel and/or panel frame and overlay it as a template for drilling the mounting holes and bulkhead cutouts and for trimming the rounded top edge. The advantage of choosing this panel is you have an opportunity to make your panel as tall as you'd like.
Hope this helps.

Back