What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Formation flight with Ken Krueger over Black Forest

SuperCubDriver

Well Known Member
Today I was very lucky today to meet Ken Krueger. He is visiting Klaus, another RV-7A builder here in Germany who just recently finished his RV and is in the flight testing phase. The weather was a little hazy today over the Black Forest but we got airborne in both our planes and did some photo shooting and formation flying. Too much fun and the flight was too short of course.

Ken hold his position very accurate. I believe he did practice this before.

Here are Klaus, Ken and me.

"Really Not Bad" as Klaus would say.

Fantastic flight Herman, and I'm sure you were a great lead for Ken and Klaus. I heard Klaus also did some rolls in his RaVen with Ken. More fun for you all.

You about ready to fly the -8?

Hi Bruce - you are fast !
And I?m interested in your experience with the EarthX Battery, I might go the same route and already have their battery box.
Are you flying a lot?

How much fun is that! Ken is as solid as they get when it comes to station keeping, or pretty much anything that takes a good stick.

Looked up for you

I am visiting Landstuhl this week, probably too far away to hear the RV hum.

Nice to hear of stories from abroad.

Hi Bruce - you are fast !
And I?m interested in your experience with the EarthX Battery, I might go the same route and already have their battery box.
Are you flying a lot?

Don't tell Katie, she thinks I am working. :)
I hope my second EarthX battery is trouble free. I never had any problems with charge or starting, just the internal sensor reacting to unbalanced cells we believe. EarthX was right there for me, sent me a new battery and a paid shipping label to return the old. So never was inconvenienced but to swap the battery. I do hope to hear what was wrong once they test the old battery. I will keep up the thread.
We have stayed in the Northwest mostly this year, about 60 hours, so not too much. San Juan Islands was a nice flying and camping trip, Oregon Coast, Montana, Idaho, just the usual paradise, not unlike the Black Forest, Austria, Italy, France, your paradise RV playground...
Prost!

The engine is a LOM - 4cyl inline. Klaus had to redesign everything firewall forward and made a custom engine mount and cowl. And the engine is turning the "wrong" direction but it seems to run very efficient and on autofuel.

Back