What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stanley N.B. CCW4 Aug 31 Sept 1,2 anybody going?

Weather is supposed to be good.

Vlad, That's Stanley N.S. not N.B. We don't want folks ending up in the wrong province. :D

Here's an aerial shot from last year.

Looking forward to seeing you.

40thstanleyflyin2011.jpg

Oh sorry Paul for mix up. Somebody in N.B. ( CYQM ) owes me a beer and I was thinking of stopping by to claim it. It's on my way so to speak... :D

See you at Stanley.

Weather looks good Vlad, planning on Saturday at least. We will keep in touch and perhaps flyin together.
Paul, I don't recall meeting you, I would like to make your acquaintance. Now my memory is very short, you'll probably say we met last week!!!, if so I would like to meet you again.
Ron

Paul, I don't recall meeting you, I would like to make your acquaintance. Now my memory is very short, you'll probably say we met last week!!!, if so I would like to meet you again.
Ron

Ron,

We've met a couple of times in passing, I used to fly the little yellow Challenger at Stanley. I've admired your cub and RV-10 a number of times.

I'll catch up with you this weekend.

Havelock

Vlad, if you are going to be near Moncton you should stop in at Havelock. It is just west of the city. I think every Sunday they cook up a great breakfast. I flew in with my 10 when I was down a few weeks ago, not on breakfast day though :(. It is a beautiful area and the strip is well maintained. Worth a stop just to say you were there, thats what I did. :D

sy8j7a.jpg

20fwxo6.jpg

Don't forget to fly low down the beautiful Bay of Fundy:)
2r6ijih.jpg

Stanly NS, Labour Day flyin

Vlad, I heard from Paul a few days ago that you were flying in for the weekend. I hope you encourage others to do the border crossing.

I'll be there Friday to Sunday and I've been going to this weekend for about 25 years. Always fun and great people.

Nick Knoble....if you read this, I tried to send you the poster for the weekend but the email I have bounced. You had expressed interest in coming before.

Joe Hine

Joe,
I will see you there for sure. Very likely RonB. and I will fly in on Saturday morning. Though I plan to penetrate Canadian border on Friday Aug 31st. Might check that Havelock grass and whales of Fundy Troy was talking about. :)

Border crossing is really non event both ways. I have CANPASS one way and friendly US CBP the other. :)

CanPass only way in?

Excuse my ignorance, but can I enter Canada without canpass or is there another procedure?

Thanks

You do not need Canpass. Call the 1-888-226-7277 at least 2 hrs prior. Declare what you have on the phone, pilot and passengers names and such. Also the customs airport you are going to arrive at with a time. File a flight plan and be sure to get an xponder code from FSS or centre once airborne. Land at the AOE and call the same number if no one is there. Very easy. Don't forget the departure info on the e-Apis. That time does not have to be that accurate for leaving the US, just arriving. Hope that helps.

Vlad, I cannot believe you did not give credit to the photographer of the motorcycle photo!!! Delmar has your VAF hat and is needing your mailing address. Glad you had a safe return til next time.
Ron

Vlad, I cannot believe you did not give credit to the photographer of the motorcycle photo!!! Delmar has your VAF hat and is needing your mailing address. Glad you had a safe return til next time.
Ron

Ron I had a blast! What a great trip it was! Tell Delmar to bring my hat to Mackenzie next year or mail to the address of N-number :D

Arriving to Stanley in RonB. beautiful RV10.

ron2.jpg

Delmar bossing from the right seat. All planning and radiowork burden is on him.

ron1.jpg

This ship was built by this guy I give all credits for my trip. I took a ride in it :D

ron3.jpg

I feel like a star! I made one of Vlads travelogs! Nice meeting you Vlad, I hope we can do it again/

Joe Hine
C-FYTQ (second photo)

I feel like a star! I made one of Vlads travelogs! Nice meeting you Vlad, I hope we can do it again/

Joe Hine
C-FYTQ (second photo)

The pleasure was mine Joe! That little yellow birdie is beautiful! See you next year.

joe1.jpg

joe2.jpg

Anybody know if the Stanley Fly-In is happening this year? Planning to be in NS over the holiday, thought I might drop in!

Thanks Vman, appreciate the help. Missed that thread when I was in OSH, very limited internet. Hey looks like you're having a ball in MI. Clare MI 48D has fuel for $4.98 on your way home, airport even has a free shower if you need it!

I work that weekend, but end up in YHZ on Sunday aftfternoon. Will there be anyone there on Sunday after about 2:30 PM? If so, then I'll rent a car and come on out.

If Paul's Tuttle's newly flying RV 8 is there, I would love to see it in person.

Steve Wolfe
Still beavering away at the RV 7 flaps.

Field conditions?

Paul,

What are the field conditions at Stanley? There were a lot of soft spots when I was there for the Victoria Day long weekend in late May, but hopefully you've had a typical summer and things have dried out nicely since then.

I'm planning to fly to Yarmouth on Friday morning, and Dad and I may fly up to Stanley on Friday afternoon to spend the night.

Hi Kevin,

The field was extremely dry up to this afternoon. We've had a little rain today, but not enough to make a difference. Someone will be on the radio and will give taxi directions if there are any problem areas.

Looking forward to seeing you.

Back