What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin Aera Size

rjtjrt

Well Known Member
Can someone let me know what other Garmin Nuvi and Zumo models are the same case and screen size as Aera 500, and same case shape?
I seem to recall something about some Nuvi and Zumo models are same as Aera 500 but not all.
John

The Aera looks to me like a Nuvi with an extra black border around the outside, and about twice as thick. At least, that's comparing my Aera 500 to my dad's Nuvi 755. Otherwise, they look pretty much the same... The automotive software is virtually identical.

Physically, I don't know that you'll find a Nuvi that's the same case size as an Aera. Maybe a Zumo, but I don't know for sure. I remember Garmin's website had the ability to compare gps units side-by-side, you could print out the specs for the Aera and then select a set of Nuvi's and Zumo's and look at the chart it generates.

The Aera models are are based on the Zumo 660 Motorcycle GPS and are the same size. I have a Zumo 660 that I use on my bikes. Accessories are interchangeable except the XM WX unit.

Last edited:
Back