What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Breaker terminals

Ron B.

Well Known Member
I purchased a 60 amp breaker from Aircraft Spruce ( white one Part # 11-02191 ) . On our Tyco, W23 series breakers the terminals are marked , line and load. The 60 amp breaker has no such markings. Is there a difference on the 60 amp breaker or can I use the terminals as I wish?
Thanks Ron

Anyone know who I could ask for this information? I would doubt ACS would have the answer . They would have to find out from their supplier.
Ron

electrical system

Sorry I can't help you but I am interested in the answer. I do know that the 50. AMP. breaker I bought from ACS. has the same markings ( Load/??). Will follow- up. I would hate to leave it to chance and possibly let out the "Magic Smoke" that keeps electrical working.

I read somewhere that the line/load markings on W23 and W31 breakers are actually interchangeable, and that the markings were only to satisfy Mil Spec marking requirements, not electrical requirements. In tearing one apart, I cant see why the bimetallic strip would care which way the current is flowing......

Can anyone verify?

Last edited:
I too do not think it matters but someone asked the question on the ACS site in reference to the Klixon brand.

Q: Which contact is the line side, and which is the load side?
A: The line side is on the keyway washer side.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that the line/load markings on W23 and W31 breakers are actually interchangeable, and that the markings were only to satisfy Mil Spec requirements marking requirements, not electrical requirements. In tearing one apart, I cant see why the bimetallic strip would care which way the current is flowing......

Can anyone verify?

Two of us at different times called the manufacture and got the same answer you did. Marked only to satisfy the mil spec, can be connected either way per the the manufacturing company rep.

Two of us at different times called the manufacture and got the same answer you did. Marked only to satisfy the mil spec, can be connected either way per the the manufacturing company rep.

Ok good. That makes wiring parellel busses on my breaker panel easier and cleaner.

Back