What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Do i need more holes in fuz side skin for wing wiring

david.perl

Well Known Member
Hi there

im about the sort out the fuz side skins and wondered if a need a few more holes for the various lines and wires that will enter from the wings into the fuz.

I have 2 air lines (pitot and AOA) stall warner, heated pitot, landing lights, and will install LED wingtip lights and strobes. Ive also put in wing conduit for spare capacity.

Ive looked on various builders sites but cant see what others have done for drilling any additional holes at the wing root intersection.

many thanks

David

Maybe for the AOA ...

The hole and grommet Van's provides in the fuse at the wing root is plenty big .... Easily accommodated all my wiring, and I have all the wing goodies you do except the AOA. The pitot line has Vans routing thru the small snap bushings up near the spar, so that's easy. Seems like your only question would be how to deal with the AOA line at the wing root.

Is another hole in fuselage needed

I have same question and didn't really see an answer in thread so far. I have only the one hole in fuselage for wiring and Pitot/AOA tubes. The tubes fill up that hole and I don't want to bring wiring thru the cut out that the aileron push rod goes thru, because I plan to put a boot on it to close up the hole for cold air and noise.

So seems like I need another hole in side of fuselage for wiring.

Right?

Do you have an auto pilot? If so the servo will need some wires going to it. The bundle going to mine is about 1/4 inch thick. This is for a Trutrac.

Yes

For the left wing with pitot line I would have 2 holes through wing. Will make you swear less as the grommet fills up.

Back