What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bought new Icom A25C handheld transceiver

ron sterba

Well Known Member
New ICOM toy, it?s finally a handheld transceiver that hits the market with Bluetooth, a nice backup for my Bose XX Bluetooth headset. I bought it a couple days ago and if you own one maybe you can help me. Iam trying to get the Bluetooth to ?pair? but I cannot see how it?s done. I went to the store?s website and it shows my ICOM model the A25C and then in details of the operation it shows the menu screen with Bluetooth function displayed. I can?t get the Bluetooth widget/word to display on mine. What?s the secret?. Anybody have the same problem.?? Appreciate your thoughts. Thanks

Ron in Oregon RV9A with a clean windscreen.!!

a25c

The radio does have bluetooth but the manual states that it may not be compatible with all headsets.

??VS-3 Bluetooth? headset*
The Bluetooth headset with a [PTT] switch.
About the third party Bluetooth headsets:*
Icom has checked the PTT operation with some 3M Peltor
headsets such as the WS Headset XP, WS ProTac XP and
WS Alert XP. (Compatibility not guaranteed.)

I Sent a Email to sales at ICOM today asking for explanation on the advertisement that stated “Bluetooth “ was available on the A25C. Now Rob your right about the manual. As valuable as my ICOM 6 is in my cockpit I could only imagine that a next model upgrade would be a Bluetooth model. I don’t think that a GPS model is what the market needs I could be wrong since my phone, IPad,my Dynon EFIS all have GPSs. Does anyone know of a handheld portable aviation radio with BLUETOOTH.??
Ron

I admit I haven't read up on this radio, but I expect the Bluetooth is intended for connecting to a Bluetooth headset. Personally, I think that's marketing gone wild. In a light aircraft where you can't get up and move around, there's no reason for a wireless headset... The first time you forget to charge it and end up stuck for an hour you'll wonder how cool it is. Just figure out where to route your headset wires and stick with wired, IMHO.

If the Bluetooth is intended to connect to your phone or tablet, and pass-through the audio to your wired headset, then that makes sense.

Back