What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fiberglass CD tutorial

RV7Guy

Well Known Member
Now that my plane is about done I was thinking about putting together a CD for a step by step process for filling in the tail glass and some other tips. I've done the glass on 3 RV's and will use a friends to take the step by step photos. The text is about done.

I'm guessing the cost would be about $20. If there is interest, let me know. I guess I'm one of the crazy ones that enjoys the glass work. I think the CD would take some of the smoke and mirrors out of the process. Glass work really isn't tough in the scheme of things.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler AZ

Help! I can't get up but I still want candy.

112305049tip4dw.jpg

Starting the fiberglass next week. I've done fiberglass before but you can never learn enough tricks. Please count me in.

Bill Whidden :cool:

Me, too!

Hey Darwin,
I'll even fly into Stellar to pick it up in person!

--hawk
7A - finishing kit
N728E reserved

Gretting ready to start my fiberglass work on the tail sections, count me in.

Fred
RV9 tail almost done
Wings and Fuselage to arrive next wk.

If anyone wants to see examples of Darwin's work, I posted some of his pictures here.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay

Sorry guys. As usual life got in the way. My mom's health is deteriorating and I've been dealing with that. When free time occurred I was painting the plane and putting it back together.

I will be doing some glass work with Glenn Brasch's 9 and will be taking the photos for the CD then. Hope to have it done in the next 2 months.

In the meantime, feel free to contact me direct if you have any questions. I'll be happy to help you.

Darwin I understand the problem, been there. Bring a stack of CD's to OSH, they will go fast. Oh yea, don't worry about Glenn's plane, come do mine :D
Larry

Last edited:
Glass tape

RV7Guy said:
Now that my plane is about done I was thinking about putting together a CD for a step by step process for filling in the tail glass and some other tips. I've done the glass on 3 RV's and will use a friends to take the step by step photos. The text is about done.

I'm guessing the cost would be about $20. If there is interest, let me know. I guess I'm one of the crazy ones that enjoys the glass work. I think the CD would take some of the smoke and mirrors out of the process. Glass work really isn't tough in the scheme of things.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler AZ

count me in........ [email protected]

Back