What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-1 Work days - 13th and 14th

Louise Hose

Well Known Member
We are gathering once again for RV-1 work session starting at noon tomorrow (Friday the 13th) and continuing through Saturday (the 14th). Paul and I will be up there tomorrow. Last I knew, Katie B. and partner will also come in tomorrow. (Katie?) I think Ernie will be there both days.

Hope to see you there! Let's "get her done!"

Sorry Louise, we have to work this weekend to get ready for an airplane delivery on Monday and Sebring next weekend. I blame Mother Nature, she screwed up our flight test schedule with this horrid weather we've been having. :(:( Hoping to come down the weekend of the 28th if you guys don't finish her up by then!

I'm trying to shuffle stuff. I would really enjoy another "go" at the RV-1.

If this north wind keeps up - you could be there in an hour! I popped up to College Station this evening, and could only manage 130 knots over the ground in the Valkyrie....

Working in the morning and Sunday.

Come on out the water is fine.

Jay is an awesome cook too.

We had a good warm-up day for this weekend's work folks - the exhaust system is mounted, brakes are all hooked up and filled with fluid (those brakes could stop a truck!), fuel pump is in, and the belly pan is making good progress (I heard lots of fabrication takign place all day).

This was my first chance to see the wheel pants that DanH honchoed last week - fabulous! those and the canopy will be headed to paint in the next couple of days, along with the cowl. Once that belly pan is finished, it's goign to be down to the prop and wiring - and I know both are in work.

Get on over to Jay's while there's still something to do! ()I expect there will be stuff to do for a few more weekends at least...)

Paul

I'm going to drop by tomorrow and lay some of the wiring in and the battery box. I guarantee you won't be waiting on me :D

PS: Have we seen the B&C SD-8 yet?

See everyone in the morning.

And Paul, the winds aloft were 330* @102K today. Should have
came up but you would have had to borrow the G-V for the winds at FL 300.

Or bring the O2 and get after it in the 3.:D

Good work weekend at RV Central.

Things completed,and/or started-- with help from Boomer, Ernie, Jay, Jarhead,
Walt, Danny,Carol and others:

Gear Leg Fairings-Minor work still needed
Instrument panel--In and hooked up
Exhaust hangers--Done
Oil tube hookups--Done
Carb Inlet box----Done
Wiring and Battery box--Complete
Firewall Sealed----Few holes to go
Bottom Ramp-----Sealed
Air Inlet hose----Complete
Wheel Pants----to paint
Canopy--------to paint
Canopy hinge---adjusted
Baffles---------sealed with a few to go
after the cowl is fit to front then seal rest.

Still need some details:

SD-8---Ready for it
Prop---Ready for it

A lot of work still on the cowl fitting and adjustments
to the front baffles and cowl around gear ring.

Spinner back and front plate

Wings S@@N.

Thanks to Ernie and Jay and Jarhead for the hospitality, and the
humor for the weekend. You know who you are.

See you soon and Ernie will probably post some pics soon.

Back