What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-1 Engine arrives from Aero Sport Power!

Special Delivery

Well Known Member
The RV-1 has a fresh engine from Aero Sport Power!!
Photos available next week in a separate thread

AeroSport_Bart_Sue.jpg

(An O-290-D2... Not the IO-540 pictured)

Paul Dye (Ironflight) recently shared his thoughts about “Saying Thanks to Van” – Bart LaLonde and Sue Gregor at Aero Sport Power exceeded all expectations in this regard, and their generosity deserves special recognition. Aero Sport Power was among the first vendors to respond when the RV-1 project was announced. Bart and Sue generously donated their company’s services and provided a complete tear-down inspection of the original engine, tested, machined, and replaced parts as needed, assembled the engine and verified operation on a test cell, and paid freight both ways. Their generous gift, easily valued in five figures, was pivotal in getting the RV-1 ready for the 2012 fly-in season!

In the spirit of community appreciation for Bart and Sue’s gift to the RV-1 project, take a moment and let them hear from you.

I'll start the ball rolling... Bart and Sue, you're the best! As the RV-1 begins its Summer Tour and journey to the EAA Museum at AirVenture 2012, it's comforting to know that Van and his relief pilots will be flying the RV-1 behind the most reliable engine human hands can produce.

Last edited:
I always have said that most people are good people. Then there is the "great" category! :D Thank you Aero Sport.

+1 for Aerosport power

Bart and Sue do a really good job.
It couldn't has been easier for a French to purchase an engine !
Their engines are pieces of art. Mine stayed in the house under the stair for 3 months and when people came at home, at first glance, they thought it was an art sculpture or something like that!

Thank you very much for your great aftermarket support and for what you've done for the RV-1.

I can only recommend you for other RV builders !

I'm glad I recognized that photo in post #1 as being from Aero Sport Power's web site; otherwise I might have thought they'd donated that 540 to hang on the RV-1!:eek:

Thank you, Aero Sport!!! When it comes time for my engine I know who I will buy from!!!
Kim

Great folks to work with

I got mine in 06. They were great to work with and the engine is perfect to this day. I wish I could buy a Ford diesel from them.

Kudos

Three of my most prized possesions are my IO-360, my Aerosport power t-shirt and my Aerosport power cap.

Bart and Sue truly are a class act, and they have built so many RV engines that when they volunteered, it was an easy call. When we talked at Oshkosh, it took no time at all for them to make the commitment - thanks! I look forward to flying behind that engine.

Flying behind one of Bart and Sue's engine in my 10, and having ask them for advice and information several times, I can only say I am not surprised by their generosity and commitment to Vans Aircraft.

They are the best.

Back