What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Molex 08-05-0301 connector for SL-15

rmickey

I have a SL-15 Audio Selector Panel that has two ?unswitched? audio connections. One is hooked up to my AOA warning. I would like to use the other for the audio of the Advanced Flight System 5600 EFIS I am installing. The SL-15 uses Molex 08-05-0301 connectors which are discontinued and I cannot find them anywhere.

My three options seem to be:

Find someone who has a connector I can purchase (failed so far but maybe one of you has an extra)

Take out the connector that is in there for a speaker I am not using and use it. (Suggestions on how to remove the connector without buying the specified tool please)

Hook the EFIS audio line with the AOA audio line which may not work at all if one is loading the wire all the time.

Thanks so much,

Ross Mickey
N9PT
RV6A

I hate molex connectors so anywhere I need the option to some day disconnect a piece of hardware, I crimp D-Sub pins onto the wires and apply shrink wrap for insulation and security.

Things that might need to be pulled more often get a regular DB-9/15/25, depending on the number of pins needed.

Back