What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Infinity grip bafflement...

kbalch

Well Known Member
I've begun fitting the Infinity grips I ordered to the sticks in my -14A. Beginning with the passenger side, I got the thing fitted to the cutdown stick, routed the wire bundle down through the stick and out the hole in the side, and set about identifying the wires for each switch with a meter.

All was well until I got to the last button (#5). That's the pinky-operated one - in my case, meant to be a TO/GA button. The Infinity guy supplied a N.O. 8632 switch with two wires. When I apply the meter's leads to these two wires, the continuity alarm sounds and operation of the switch has no effect. Can that be right?

Also, and perhaps relevant, I have an extra black wire "left over" after ID'ing all of the other switch wires. This is not the short black wire curled around the outside of the bundle (and, in my case, meant to be unused), but a full-length black wire in the bundle (to total 17 wires). Does this black wire get ganged in with the rest of the ground wires?

Another question: on any individual switch, which is meant to be the "hot" and which the ground? Some of my connections (the start button, for example) have one wire, but the switch has two. How does one make the connection?

To your first question - On my Infinity grips (one in my -8, one in our -3), the pinky button is a "push on, push off" switch. Push it once, it is open, push it again, it is closed - repeat as often as desired. I use them to trip a relay for landing lights on/off.

I don't have a wiring diagram handy right here, so I'll leave your other questions for someone who does.

Paul

I've begun fitting the Infinity grips I ordered to the sticks in my -14A. Beginning with the passenger side, I got the thing fitted to the cutdown stick, routed the wire bundle down through the stick and out the hole in the side, and set about identifying the wires for each switch with a meter.

All was well until I got to the last button (#5). That's the pinky-operated one - in my case, meant to be a TO/GA button. The Infinity guy supplied a N.O. 8632 switch with two wires. When I apply the meter's leads to these two wires, the continuity alarm sounds and operation of the switch has no effect. Can that be right?

Also, and perhaps relevant, I have an extra black wire "left over" after ID'ing all of the other switch wires. This is not the short black wire curled around the outside of the bundle (and, in my case, meant to be unused), but a full-length black wire in the bundle (to total 17 wires). Does this black wire get ganged in with the rest of the ground wires?

Another question: on any individual switch, which is meant to be the "hot" and which the ground? Some of my connections (the start button, for example) have one wire, but the switch has two. How does one make the connection?

I ran no "hot" wires to the stick at all. I used the various switches on the infinity grip to pull down relays for everything I wanted to actuate.

Ed Holyoke

Back