What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-14 Wing Kit Lead Time

gbataller

Just emailed my wing kit order for my RV-14 project. Are the lead times really 8 weeks or have people been getting them sooner? The empennage kit came much sooner than expected, so hoping the same will be true for the wings.

Depends

Give Vans a call on Monday to confirm that they received the order.

In my case, someone had cancelled their order so I had no wait at all. They also said at that time that they had not updated the lead time page recently with current information. I think that page is more general information rather than exact up to date information. At least that was my experience.

Welcome! It has been a fun project to work on. Mine has slowed down a bit in progress but when I am able to work at it I do enjoy it, and the kit is far more evolved than the RV-9 I was building prior.

I ordered my wing kit 3 months ago and when I sent my order in they told me that they had the wing kits in stocks. I think they shipped my kit out within 2 or 3 days.

Thanks, Jeff and Waylon. I will call them on Monday. I live in Westborough, MA and am just setting up my workshop (again).

Gary: I live 15 minutes from you. It will be great to have another builder in the area. Let me know if you want help, etc

Back