What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gap Fairing Dimples

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
I think the plans are a little inaccurate in saying which side of the aileron and flap gap fairings get dimpled. It seems obvious that when mated to the skin the dimple in the fairing has to be towards the bottom side; toward the open bottom wing. And that the side for the flap fairing reinforce bracket inboard is dimpled on the other side than the row of dimples that go to the skin; up toward the bracket.

?

I think the plans are a little inaccurate in saying which side of the aileron and flap gap fairings get dimpled. It seems obvious that when mated to the skin the dimple in the fairing has to be towards the bottom side; toward the open bottom wing. And that the side for the flap fairing reinforce bracket inboard is dimpled on the other side than the row of dimples that go to the skin; up toward the bracket.

?

It would be much easier to look into making a correction (if needed) if you would point to the page number / step number you are referencing.

Of course! It is page 20-02. Figure 3 and 4 will cause an error if you just dimple the side shown in the drawing. The text instructions don't explain it better.

For the flap gap stiffeners Figure 2 isn't clear on dimple side either....

It isn't hard to figure out I think just the otherwise excellent instructions aren't as clear as usual. Or I'm about to make a dumb mistake somehow.

Back