What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any builders in or near Birmingham?

sekinflight

I'm New Here
Hi all, just getting started, ordered empennage today, in stock so getting my garage ready. Looking for anyone around Birmingham that I might learn from.

Thanks in advance

Atlanta

Not sure if any in there, but lots in Atlanta which is not that far. Myself included. Also at least 1 rv10 builder in Huntsville. If you get over to Atlanta would be glad to help get you started

Working on my wing in Woodstock

I'm north east of Atlanta.
Still working on my 1st part of the kit(wings).
Would be glad to help any way I can.
Congrats on talking the plunge.
I hope you enjoy the build as much as I do.

TVRVBG

There are about 50 RVs in the north Alabama area. Most are loosely associated with the Tennessee Valley RV Builders Group with the nucleus being clustered around Huntville/Madison and KDCU.

No RV-14 in progress that I know about but we have RV-10 builders. Basic info here:

http://www.tvrvbg.org

I'm in Meridian, MS but I don't think that I would be of any help because I'm a newbie too and I just got my Empennage Kit in Yesterday. My crate came in perfect not a ding on the box. Open it up and everything is Duct taped together. So if you had the idea about leaving the Blue film on the parts while you work with them, good luck. The Duct tape rips all the film off when trying to get them out of the box, but I guess I would rather deal with the Duct tape then to have dented parts. I started Inventory last night and got everything done except of the big bag of the small parts. That?s going to take a while.

Just getting started

Thanks all for the replies. One reason I decided to build the RV was the vast number of builders willing to share. Looking forward to the process and the help.

RV-14 in Huntsville

Hello Sekinflight,
I am an RV-14 builder in Huntsville, and I did not see your post asking about nearby builders until just now. So since so much time has elapsed, you may be further along than I. I just completed the empennage kit, and have received the wings. May hold off a few weeks before starting wings to take care of a couple of other, non RV related things. Let me know if I can offer any help or suggestions. Actually, you may be the one to help me!;)

Here is one to try . . FLYYAK

Flyyak is in B'ham. Building a 7. Hard to contact, though. Look up his posts.

Back