What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

USA: New Hampshire

Parlin NH 2b3 for mexican food at airport

Flew in to parlin for fall colors and was surprised to find airport bikes available for use. A covered bridge is a short ride at the end of runway 27. You could even taxi their. Great spot. The food was next to the fbo. www.lilredbaron.com web site for restaurant. :)

Fall Foliage and Chili at 1P1 - Plymouth NH

Hello fellow RVers,

We're gonna cook up a pot of chili on the afternoon of Saturday, 22 September for another fly-in at 1P1, Plymouth NH. We have an ok from the airport for camping, so bring warm gear if you plan to stay on the field - overnight temps could be in the 40s. For those who stay, we'll have transportation into town to our favorite Plymouth pub for dinner and beverages.

This is one of my favorite small grass airstrips, and New Hampshire foliage should be just about at its peak on the 22nd!

Hope to see you there...

Dave

Flew over 1P1 couple weeks ago very picturesque landscape. Would love to catch one of your events Dave heard a lot of good things about them. Sept 22 is my weekend to work :eek:

plymouth.jpg

Perhaps, given Solviet forces will not be present, USA forces will have to claim air and ground superiority.

the 22nd is on my ical. love this little strip.

img1170ol.jpg

img1168rc.jpg

vman, u need to get that paint scheme done! she will look fantastic.

Hi Vlad, sorry you won't be able to make it...heard so much from the good Captain that I've been looking forward to meeting you! Maybe we'll catch up with you at the Bungalow or down on the Cape.

Eddie, glad you'll be able to make it! 1P1 is a great little airport indeed.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Vlad, sorry you won't be able to make it...heard so much from the good Captain that I've been looking forward to meeting you! Maybe we'll catch up with you at the Bungalow or down on the Cape.

Eddie, glad you'll be able to make it! 1P1 is a great little airport indeed.

Cheers,

Dave

Dave if you allow Soviet Invasion around 9 or 10 am I might show up, hit and retreat before US Armada arrives. I might enlist my mercenary paratrooper cousin for negotiations :D.

My work shift starts afternoon.

Last edited:
Dave if you allow Soviet Invasion around 9 or 10 am I might show up, hit and retreat before US Armada arrives. I might enlist my mercenary paratrooper cousin for negotiations :D.

My work shift starts afternoon.

Vlad,
I've been watching your exploits & was wondering...
What do you do for work?

I'd love to show up there as my whole family lives in NH including a nephew in Plymouth. But Turbo knows, I probably wouldn't show up. ;)

Vlad,
I've been watching your exploits & was wondering...
What do you do for work?

I'd love to show up there as my whole family lives in NH including a nephew in Plymouth. But Turbo knows, I probably wouldn't show up. ;)

Dan a lot of people don't believe when I tell them where I work. There is a joke at the airport I am based on: - Do you see that Russian with brand new RV? Go ask him where he works. Don't believe that BS he will feed you about crazy house :D:D Yes Dan I am a maintenance mechanic with a psychiatric hospital :eek:

Dan a lot of people don't believe when I tell them where I work. There is a joke at the airport I am based on: - Do you see that Russian with brand new RV? Go ask him where he works. Don't believe that BS he will feed you about crazy house :D:D Yes Dan I am a maintenance mechanic with a psychiatric hospital :eek:

That's crazy. :rolleyes:

Will attempt to launch Navy Devastator to intercept.
Come on up! We'll certainly be on the field by 10...the chili might not be ready, but we'll figure something out. If you're gonna be earlier, give me a call - I'll pm you my cell number.

We'll be getting bandit calls from AWACS...ok, maybe only APRS...so we'll know when you're close. :D

Dave

Last edited:
Hello fellow RVers,

We're gonna cook up a pot of chili on the afternoon of Saturday, 22 September for another fly-in at 1P1, Plymouth NH. We have an ok from the airport for camping, so bring warm gear if you plan to stay on the field - overnight temps could be in the 40s. For those who stay, we'll have transportation into town to our favorite Plymouth pub for dinner and beverages.

This is one of my favorite small grass airstrips, and New Hampshire foliage should be just about at its peak on the 22nd!

Hope to see you there...

Dave
Hello fellow chili-eaters! The weather through 2-3pm tomorrow looks good, so we're on for tomorrow. But since there's a chance of rain forecast for later in the afternoon and evening/overnight, we'll be on the field by 9-10am if folks want to fly in earlier and depart earlier.

I spoke with the 1P1 airport manager this morning, the field is in good shape and the forecast amount of rain for Saturday night shouldn't cause a problem unless a random thunderstorm parks right over the field.

See you tomorrow!

Dave+Ellen

Back