Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 02-01-2020, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterH View Post
Unfortunately I didn't get the consistency I needed in my flight test to have a good objective comparison (very different conditions between the two days). From just 'knowing my airplane' I'd say I'm getting around 1 gph more efficient fuel burn at my typical cruise speed or 10 knts faster at my typical fuel burn.

I used to cruise 140 knts at 7.5 gph with the 70CM Sensenich, now I've noticed 140 knts at 6.3-6.8 gph or 150 knts at 7.6-8.0 gph. Since changing the pitch I haven't noticed a huge difference in climb between the two and I won't try to speculate unless I get some good data.

I'll keep you updated if I get some more concrete data (ideally I want to collect all the data at full throttle full rich so there's no inconsistency with my leaning--but I already know I can't do that without exceeding 2600 rpm on the Sensenich). I may also see how the GA200L-70" performs.
Thanks for reporting back Hunter. 1GPH seems like a lot. That would be awesome. Do you have EFIS numbers? Also why did you choose the shorter prop? I just realized that you are spinning 70" instead of the 72"
Cessna Rocket 210HP - Best dang 172 Ever made! (sold)
Old 02-04-2020, 10:48 AM

Mine was a 70CM7S9-0-78
http://www.sensenich.com/wp-content/...1349891787.pdf This is the Sensenich propeller application guide on their website where you can see that the 70" is listed for the O-320 engines while a 71" (named 72C??) is listed for the O-360 engines (The last page has their propeller naming convention too).
Old 02-04-2020, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterH View Post
Mine was a 70CM7S9-0-78
http://www.sensenich.com/wp-content/...1349891787.pdf This is the Sensenich propeller application guide on their website where you can see that the 70" is listed for the O-320 engines while a 71" (named 72C??) is listed for the O-360 engines (The last page has their propeller naming convention too).
Alright Thanks! I just overlooked the fact that you have the smaller engine.
Cessna Rocket 210HP - Best dang 172 Ever made! (sold)