What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Notice N 16-07-14 Revised Placard

BigJohn

Well Known Member
Just received this in an email from The mothership.

"Be advised that RV-12 Notice N 16-07-14 has been posted to our website. This notice requires an updated passenger warning placard. Please visit www.vansaircraft.com, click on Support, then Service Information and Revisions or go directly to the notifications section using this link:

http://www.vansaircraft.com/public/service-rv12.htm"

So, does this mean Van's will be sending out the new stickers to all of us who need them? They must have us in their database.

Doen't look like it

the Notification says "Obtain revised placard...." But once again when I try to order the part number nothing shows up on the web site.

BTW, I ordered the new gas struts and got an "out of stock" notification". You'd think they know how many of us are out trhere and how long hthis has been a discussion item!

BTW, I ordered the new gas struts and got an "out of stock" notification". You'd think they know how many of us are out trhere and how long hthis has been a discussion item!

I imagine that you know that Van's doesn't manufacture the gas struts.

As with many things, just because you call a manufacturer and tell them you want them to make you 2000, doesn't mean they will ask you "do you want them this afternoon, or will tomorrow be ok"?

So, the huge "EXPERIMENTAL" on the bulkhead of the baggage compartment is not enough?
I'm not going to do it! (plus I love to spin this plane... unintentionally, of course =8-o)

Last edited:
So, the huge "EXPERIMENTAL" on the bulkhead of the baggage compartment is not enough?

It was never enough..... It is not possible to get certification on an E-LSA or S-LSA RV-12 without the required placard on the instrument panel (unless a DAR or FAA inspector totally messes up and misses it).

The notification is not to add a placard that is missing, it is to change it to one that has a corrected wording (another thing noted in the RV-12 audit by the FAA).

It was never enough..... It is not possible to get certification on an E-LSA or S-LSA RV-12 without the required placard on the instrument panel (unless a DAR or FAA inspector totally messes up and misses it).

The notification is not to add a placard that is missing, it is to change it to one that has a corrected wording (another thing noted in the RV-12 audit by the FAA).

Scott, will Van's be sending the "updated" placard to us older builders or do we need to specifically order it? Didn't see that mentioned in the email. (as you know BTW, many of us are really busy engraving "U.S.A." on our data plates!;))

Back