What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Avionics Issue

Phantom30

Well Known Member
Thought I'd throw this out as Van's is closed.

I just finished loading latest mapping software in my g3x units and decided to activate XM weather and tunes. All went fine except no XM radio sound on earphones...radio stations show up on the 465 and weather functions fine.

I went into the configure files on the 460 to the "sounds" set up and also found out the test messages and alerts tones don't sound off in the earphones.

Any idea where to begin???

Thought I'd throw this out as Van's is closed.

I just finished loading latest mapping software in my g3x units and decided to activate XM weather and tunes. All went fine except no XM radio sound on earphones...radio stations show up on the 465 and weather functions fine.

I went into the configure files on the 460 to the "sounds" set up and also found out the test messages and alerts tones don't sound off in the earphones.

Any idea where to begin???

Hello Ric,

We see you have made your first flight (congratulations), so your GTR 200 COM/Intercom must be up and operating.

It would be better to support you via phone or email, but a couple of quick things to check:
  1. Did you un-mute the music on the GDU 465 and adjust the music volume there (sorry, probably dumb question)?
  2. Have you turned on music and adjusted music volume on the GTR 200?
  3. For alert audio, have you adjusted the volume on the AUX1 input on the GTR 200 setup page? As shown in the Van's RV-12 G3X Touch schematic, this should be where the mono alert audio is routed from the PFD to the GTR 200. Hopefully the Sound page on your PFD has the Alert Output field set to "Mono Only". I don't know the details of the "stereo mixer" in the AV50000A, but it probably mixes the two stereo outputs from your two displays, so we don't want the Alert Output set to "Mono & Stereo", because we have a dedicated unswitched mono alert audio path into the GTR 200 and we don't want the alert audio mixed with the music.

It is probably something simple.

Thanks,
Steve

Hello Ric,

We see you have made your first flight (congratulations), so your GTR 200 COM/Intercom must be up and operating.

It would be better to support you via phone or email, but a couple of quick things to check:
  1. Did you un-mute the music on the GDU 465 and adjust the music volume there (sorry, probably dumb question)?
  3. For alert audio, have you adjusted the volume on the AUX1 input on the GTR 200 setup page? As shown in the Van's RV-12 G3X Touch schematic, this should be where the mono alert audio is routed from the PFD to the GTR 200. Hopefully the Sound page on your PFD has the Alert Output field set to "Mono Only". I don't know the details of the "stereo mixer" in the AV50000A, but it probably mixes the two stereo outputs from your two displays, so we don't want the Alert Output set to "Mono & Stereo", because we have a dedicated unswitched mono alert audio path into the GTR 200 and we don't want the alert audio mixed with the music.

Thanks,
Steve

Thanks Steve,

At least this gives me a starting point. Will be back in the hangar the 6th and will run your check list...

Hello Ric,

Thanks,
Steve

Steve,

Is there a direct line # I can call to get in touch with you....I've tried above but still haven't got audio to work on XM radio or alerts

Back