What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 BRAKE SYSTEM

jeterjim

Okay, so here goes. My son is a C 6/7 quadriplegic who has his sport pilot license. We just completed an RV 12 and I am starting to develop hand controls so that he can fly the airplane by himself. In doing that I need to add handbrake's. My question is, can a third set of master cylinders be hooked in to the current system or am I going to have to relocate the left seat brakes. I would really like to add a set of master's cylinders so that when I fly from the left seat I don't have to learn how to use the handbrake's. It's the old dog new trick thing. Thanks in advance.

I don't see why not
There are already two hooked in series for each brake so adding one should work just fine; however, you would need one for left and one for right. You couldn't make one brake cylnder operate both brakes simultaneously using the existing RV12 set up unless your lever plunges both cylinders, left and right, at the same time

Just so I can wrap my mind around this, the lower two fittings on the third set of master cylinders would go to the brakes respectively. The top two fittings on the master cylinders would hook into the lower fittings on the left-hand seat brakes.

Back