What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Basic Builder Log

wirejock

Well Known Member
I keep an Excel Basic Builder Log on my Blog (see signature). There are numerous tabs. It calculates time and financials. It has a complete 7(A) Inventory and recently I have added a new tab.
Starting a full fiberglass canopy skirt required calculating volume of epoxy and hardener by weight in grams. Yes, I could just pour it or pump it but my OCD keeps kicking into high gear. My Mentor, Dave, is so fast at calculating this stuff. Not me. I need a formula, claculator, pencil, paper and adult beverage. However, I can work a spreadsheet. Using Dave's formula, I added an Epoxy Calculator tab to my Master Builder Log and added it to the Basic Builder Log for others to download. Works pretty slick. It's locked so the formula can't get lost. Plug in three variables, Length, Width and Number of Plies and it kicks out the number of grams needed by weight of Epoxy and Hardener. Feel free to play. The 1.2 volume factor can be adjusted down if you find too much excess is being wasted. Link is also on my blog.
Here's a quick link.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aLAWiKtKivmPmcqECh1zTV6FRNgZLbsK

Last edited:
Back