What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Product list and application

wirejock

Well Known Member
I was a little frustrated last night. My shelf has several goops of this and that and my old brain can't keep track of which is used where or for what. So, I searched VAF threads for each and attempted to compile a list.
Apologies if this exists elsewhere. I did find a thread where Dan posted a photo but it was gone.
Please correct, offer suggestions, additions or additional details. Be constructive. Let's help each other. One need is to add the chemical required to remove the product. My goal is to produce a spreadsheet or table for us as reference. I will post the final to my blog.
Locktite 567
NPT fittings. Brake and fuel. No goop on the last two threads. Only a tiny bit needed.
Tite Seal
Gasket sealant. One suggested use is the cork seal on the fuel tank access panel.
Permatex #2
NPT fuel drain fittings. Removal with alcohol
Permatex Anti Sieze #77124
Exhaust hardware. High temp.
Mouse Milk
Steel hardware. Possible issue with aluminum. Excellent cutting lubricant. Control cable lubricant. Excellent penetrating properties.
EZ Turn Fuel Lube
Thread lubricant. Fuel Cap O-rings
Kroil
Engine lubricant for preservation and first start. Penetrating properties.
Krytox #205
Fuel Cap O-ring lubricant
Lubriplate
Light grease for moving parts like control bushings. Remove with solvent.

Larry,
I'm not experienced enough to add anything but am anxious to see the resulting list and use it as a guide. Great idea to aggregate and share tribal knowledge!

Sealants & Lubricants

I've been sick lately and not up to working in the factory, but can't stand just sitting watching the world go by on the tube. So I put together this table as promised. Sorry if it doesn't have every product in the known universe. I only listed items I have researched. They are products I have researched on VAF. The idea is a reference document to post in a binder so you know what to apply where and why. If you know of a product you feel should be on the list, please pass it on. I will be happy to edit and keep it current on my drive.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-9HczF8mvrMOkcELNZLINW1iBi3kwSW_

Back