What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Audio alerts

N700DW

I'm New Here
We are finishing up a G3X touch install in a RV6 and need a little assistance with the audio alert outputs. I could not find anything on the operation of this feature, but I do see on the interconnect wiring diagram (GTR20/GDU 46X) that the audio outputs of the 46X are connected directly to the GTR 20 (Comm Radio). I would have thought the 46X audio out would be connected directly to the audio panel (GMA 240). Which way is preferred? If it is connected to the GTR 20 (Comm 1 Radio), how is the audio heard if this Comm is not selected via the audio panel? The second Comm is a KY 97A. Thanks for the help.

Pull up the install manual to where it lists the LRUs and head to your 46x section. It lists both mono and stereo audio outputs for alerting that can go to an unswitched audio input on your AP.

It can also go to a switched input. I decided to have mine wired to the AUX input on my GTR 245.

There is no fast way to mute nuisance alerts. If I want to silence alerts, I just turn the AUX input off. I just has to remember to turn it back on later.

My normal mode is AUX "on".

So far unswitched has worked for me, but in full disclosure the only times when I have my G3X set to emit a warning is for those things I actually want to know about without fail...once I figured out how to program it correct anyway! (I at one time set it to alert when flaps were extended, not my intent)

So just to be clear, can I take the mono output of the G46X and wire it to the GMA 240 audio panel alert input #1? Is that preferred over wiring to the Comm as shown in the install manual?

Since your installing a standalone audio panel, yes.

The manual is simply showing a possible interconnect scenario.

We are finishing up a G3X touch install in a RV6 and need a little assistance with the audio alert outputs. I could not find anything on the operation of this feature, but I do see on the interconnect wiring diagram (GTR20/GDU 46X) that the audio outputs of the 46X are connected directly to the GTR 20 (Comm Radio). I would have thought the 46X audio out would be connected directly to the audio panel (GMA 240). Which way is preferred? If it is connected to the GTR 20 (Comm 1 Radio), how is the audio heard if this Comm is not selected via the audio panel? The second Comm is a KY 97A. Thanks for the help.

Hello N700DW,

Please look at the wiring diagram on page 24-15 of the Rev. Z G3X Installation Manual. It provides wiring guidance for connecting the mono audio alert output from the GDU 4XX (pins 1,18) to the GMA 240/245 audio panel.

It is not necessary to install the stereo output wiring from GDU pins 3,19, 20 unless you are using the built in SXM music for a GDU 455 or 465.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
Steve

Back